The United States Navy, Marine Corps and Coast Guard
Veterans Health & Mental Health Services
- 800-273-8255 and press #1 - Suicide Crisis Line
- 94304 - VA Hospital, 3801 Miranda Avenue. Palo Alto, CA 650-493-5000
- 95138 - VA Health Clinic, 5855 Silver Creek Road, San Jose CA 408-363-3000 (No emergency service
- Social Security - 2500 Fontaine Rd, San Jose, CA 95121 - (800) 772-1213
- Food Stamps - Santa Clara County - 1867 Senter Rd, San Jose, CA 95112 - (408) 758-3800
- Unemployment (Employment development Department) 297 W Hedding St, San Jose, CA 95110 (800) 480-3287
- VSO - (Veteran's Service Organization), 68 Winchester Blvd, Santa Clara CA 95050 - (408) 918-4980
California Veterans have many resources available to them. "CalVet" has put together a handbook with 200+ of pages of information. Their handbook is now online at Veteran Resource_Book.pdf
Starting Jan. 1, 2020, Purple Heart recipients, former prisoners of war, all service-connected disabled veterans,
regardless of rating, and caregivers enrolled in the VA's Comprehensive Assistance for Family Caregivers program will be permitted to at all Military Commissaries.
Newly-eligible veterans and caregivers will also have access to all Department of Defense and Coast Guard MWR retail activities, including: entertainment, clubs, recreational lodging and resorts, special interest activities, bowling, golf, restaurants, marinas, equipment rental, movie theaters, vehicle storage, kennels, AmericanForcesTravel.com and more.
All service-connected disabled veterans as well as caregivers.
- The Veteran's Coalition maintains a large list of resources
- Story of the Four Chaplains on Vet-Coalition.com
Prepared by Robin Roberts -- Revised April 15, 2021 - © 2021